I have been a patient of Dr.Almanza twice now. Once seven years ago, up untile the pandemic I had reduced my weight to 134 lbs. After two years of working from home, I had reached 165, and decided i needed some help with my weight loss again. Both of my eperiences have be mostly amazing.
The pros are:
1. The cost
2. The facility is clean and has upgraded tremendously since 2015. It was very comfortable
3. Dr Almanza is a great surgeon
4. My downtime was limited on both of the times
5. Nurses were nice and helpful (if you are not a needy patient you will be fine). If you typically require alot of care when you have surgery, this may not be for you.
6. Dian the Driver that took me back to San Diego was very good at making sure we were safe and comfortable on the short ride over. She enjoys her job!
The cons are:
1. When you get to the airport in San Diego depending on the time you could have to wait up to 3 to 4 hours for the bus to get there to pick you up.
2. Dr. Almanza's English is very limited
3. Most of the nurses I dealt with have limited or no english.
4. Because of the number of surgeries Dr. Almanza does a day, you could be waiting all day for surgery and there was a lack of communication on that part.
To summarize if you don't need alot of hand holding and don't have the patience to wait for things this is not for you.
If you need minimal assistance and are ok with the waiting game, I would recommend this to anyone who struggles with weight loss. Dr Almanza is very skilled at his job and has done over 16,000 surgeries and has been doing this for 14 years.